- Musically tuned to a meditative, medieval Gregorian chant scale
- Length: 13" Overall length is measured from top of string to bottom of windcatcher.
- Woodstock Chimes - The World's Favourite Windchime
- Other wind chimes in the Gregorian series are the soprano, alto, tenor, and baritone
- Measures 33cm overall length; 27cm from the top wooden piece to the bottom of the wind catcher; longest tube is 14cm
Product Description Experience the inner quiet that comes from listening to the peaceful patterns of Gregorian chant. Tuned to a medieval scale, this wind chime echoes the vocal music that has been sung as a part of daily devotionals and meditation in the monasteries and churches of Western Europe for more than a thousand years. Many believe this music to have remarkable healing powers. The sound is beautiful, relaxing and mysteriously compelling. Like the free-flowing monophonic lines of the chant, this windchime's resonant tones will surround the listener as the sounds linger in the breeze. All of the Woodstock Gregorian Chimes: Baritone, Tenor, Alto, Soprano and the Little Gregorian harmonise beautifully together In 1979, GRAMMY(R) Award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminium lawn chair he found in a landfill. Fascinated by the Scale of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can’t be played on a modern piano, Garry cut and tuned the lawn chair tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime and is still one of our best selling, musically tuned windchimes. Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today. It remains a family-owned business in New York’s Hudson Valley Box Contains 1 X Woodstock Little Gregorian Chime
Woodstock Little Gregorian Chime B00004WYOI